Jordan is known for the ancient city of Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world – and it’s also a paradise for horseback riding! It is a utterly romantic land – from Lawrence of Arabia to the hidden city of Petra. Your week of riding promises a truly mystical experience.
And make no mistake – Jordan is one of the friendliest and safest (due to the security around Petra) countries in the world. You will meet locals who are happy to welcome you into their homes and to know their culture.
Wadi Rum (the valley of the moon) reflects a lunar landscape of ancient valleys and high eroded mountains rising from the white and pink sands. It’s a scene straight out of the exploits of Lawrence of Arabia and the authentic setting of the epic film! But we love it even more as it’s perfect for long gallops on the high plateaus. Our route travels along the old caravan routes so you can discover a completely different world and meet the Bedouins of the desert.
Accommodations for the week are in 5***** star hotels and like that of the Bedouins, luxury tents, perfect for relaxing in the shade after riding to the Saudi border and the Disi mountains as well as discovering the spectacular rock formations, and undoubtedly the largest and most magnificent of the desert landscapes of Jordan – this is a truly unforgettable horseback journey!
Our two itineraries are for experienced riders. The majestic Arabian horses are fit and happy for all of the long trots and gallops in wide open spaces. Arabians are bred in desert climates and are renowned for their stamina and speed.
Dates: August through End of the year weekly, arrive on Saturday.
Rates: $5,855.00 USD per person in a shared room (Single Supplement: $1,150.00 USD)
Extra day/night extension to the Dead Sea: $545.00 USD per person in a shared room (Single Supplement: $150.00 USD)
- 7 nights accommodation (5***** hotel or luxury tent)
- 4 days of riding
- 1 day guided tour of Petra
- Guiding services
- All meals from dinner on the first night through breakfast on the last day
- The Jordan pass including the entry visa to Jordan and access to tourist sites
- Transfers from/to Amman airport at pre set time
- Transfer for day of relaxation at the Red Sea
- Bottled water during the days of activity
- All local taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Any beverages outside of water on the days of touring/riding
- Gratuities for the team at the end of your week