By reserving a trip with Active Travel, Inc. the Traveler and Active Travel, Inc. agree upon the following terms upon which Traveler has agreed to take the tour described in the itinerary provided by Active Riding Trips.
1. Active Travel, Inc. will arrange the tour described in the itinerary only. The Traveler must separately arrange for and pay for travel to and from the tour. Traveler must carry a valid passport, where required.
2. If you must cancel your reservation, your cancellation fee will be determined according to the following formula (special cancellation policies apply to special programs such as the World Equestrian Games and are published separately):
Days prior to trip start –> Cancellation fee per person
61+ days –> $500.00 per traveler
31 – 60 days –> 50% of price of trip
30 days or less –> 100% of price of trip
Cancellations must be made before 5:00 pm (eastern standard time) on a business day. Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays are not considered business days.
3. If you must postpone your tour to another scheduled date, you may do so upon payment of a $200 postponement fee per person and upon at least 61 days written notice to ATI. You must reschedule your tour to occur within 52 weeks of the date of your original reservation, and only one postponement can be made.
4. Travel Insurance:
We strongly recommend comprehensive travel insurance. We love to ride as much as you do – at home and away. But as horses are horses (and as some of our parents are getting “up there”, we never book any of our own trips without travel insurance to protect our investment. Should you have to cancel your trip unexpectedly, a travel protection plan will protect your tour investment as well as provide coverage for medical (your own or a family member), baggage and delay, and will provide 24 hour assistance. For questions about the providers we really really like, ask us.
5. If full payment is not received when due, ATI may charge a $100 late payment fee. If full payment is not made prior to departure date, ATI reserves the right to cancel this tour and retain the deposit.
6. The tour includes those services and facilities shown on the itinerary. If a single room is requested and available, an additional charge will be made as outlined in the trip pricing. The total tour cost is also subject to adjustment by ATI to reflect currency fluctuations, but no such adjustment will be made after final payment of the total tour cost.
7. The Traveler must arrange to pay separately for the following costs:
Prior to the Tour: All travel costs to the location of the tour, including airfare, and the cost of passports, health certificates, if needed, and airport taxes if any.
During the Tour: All items of a personal nature, including laundry, wine and liquor (except for items listed on itinerary), and items not on regular menus, or meals on those trips where they are not provided as part of the trip cost. Cancellation insurance and accident insurance are not included in the tour cost.
8. During the tour, the following items are included:
Meals: All meals are usually provided as follows: breakfast, lunch and dinner, except those trips where they are not included as part of the trip price (please be sure to read your specific trip itinerary carefully). Where the excursion necessitates, lunch is picnic or box style.
Taxes and Gratuities: All local government taxes are included. Individual tipping to guides and hotel staff for services is not included and is at the discretion of the traveler.
Luggage Transfer: On some trail rides, which require luggage transfer, travelers may be limited to two medium size bags per person, additionally, in some instances only soft sided bags can be used and transported. Travelers on other trips are not limited as to luggage.
9. ATI acts only as the marketing representative on behalf of the Traveler in order to obtain for Traveler the service of the riding facility(s) providing accommodations, transportation or other services. All coupons, exchange orders, receipts, contracts and tickets obtained by ATI are subject to any and all tariffs, terms and conditions under which any accommodations, transportation or any other services are provided by such hotels or riding facilities or other persons in their employ.
The tour may be canceled at any time, even after Traveler has departed the United States, for reasons beyond the control of ATI. ATI shall have no responsibility for any such cancellation, except to refund the total tour cost to the Traveler.
10. ATI shall have no responsibility to Traveler for any inability to complete the tour by reason of travel restrictions, travel delays, weather conditions, quarantines, medical or customs regulations, delays, cancellations of or changes in itinerary or schedule of carriers, or inability or injury of Traveler. ATI assumes no responsibility for actions or omissions by any contractor or other person. Without limitation of the foregoing, by way of example ATI is not responsible for airline accidents, loss of luggage, riding injuries, or other loss or damage. Traveler agrees that Active Travel, Inc. shall not be liable or responsible for death, personal injury, loss or damage of any nature to Traveler, or any personal property or baggage of Traveler, or for any cause that directly or indirectly relates to the tour, including transportation arrangements to and from the tour, from any reason or cause whatsoever. Active Travel, Inc. shall have no responsibility for any riding accident occurring during the tour. Active Travel, Inc. reserves the right to decline or to accept any person as a traveler.
11. This contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, and Traveler agrees to be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York in Dutchess County in which Active Travel, Inc. maintains its principal place of business.
12. If any participant in this riding tour is a minor, his or her parents and/or guardian must assume full responsibility for all expenses and liabilities of that participant in this riding tour and agree to indemnify and hold harmless ATI against any claims by minor which may arise.
13. The Traveler hereby gives permission for any photograph taken during this riding tour to be used in any publication or promotional literature distributed by or through ATI.
14. The riding facility operating the tour reserves the right to reject any rider for reasons of riding inability or behavior endangering the safety or welfare of the riders or horses. No refund will be made to any rider who is rejected by the riding facility for any such reason, nor can refund be made to any rider who is unable to complete a ride or tour. Injury to a horse, caused by the Traveler, is the responsibility of the riding facility unless gross negligence by the Traveler is involved.
15. Traveler Responsibility:
As a traveler, you have the responsibilities to Active Travel, Inc., riding facilities and other travelers that include: Selecting a trip appropriate to your interests and ability and being in sufficient health to undertake the trip. Preparing for the trip by discussing your trip with your riding instructor and packing appropriate clothing and equipment. Acting in an appropriate and respectful manner and in accordance with the customs and laws of the country or countries in which you are traveling. Making the instructor or guide aware if you feel unable to participate in a particular activity for any reason and to decline to participate.