Where can you go with Active Riding Trips? To the ends of the earth! Ok, well not quite to the ends – yet. But, let us point out several of the fun experiences you will have when you travel with us:
- Cross the Andes like the liberator San Martin in Argentina or try your hand at polo while relaxing at one of the most well known private Criollo Stud Farm’s outside of Buenos Aires.
- Explore the stone villages of France and enjoy wonderful cuisine and French wines each day in Provence, Bordeaux, the Loire Valley, Normandy or the Camargue.
- Try your legs at cross country riding with the stone walls and lush countryside of Ireland. You may also hone your flatwork and jumping skills with two of Ireland’s tope instructors and their staff at the Clonshire Equestrian Centre. Alternatively, trail ride through the ancient area of Galway, the mystical Burren or on to the majestic Cliffs of Moher.
- Canter on Roman roads from the Medici era in Tuscany while you relax each night at your hilltop villa enjoying homemade cuisine and crisp glass of Chianti. A free day offers time to visit Siena or the famous Fonteverde spa for a relaxing massage. If you prefer to hone your skills while also enjoying the Etruscan countryside, join us outside of Rome for a fun and educational training and trail ride and even consider adding an extra day to join us in our simulated fox hunt.
- A life changing trip – don’t miss the chance to gallop with the zebra, wildebeest and giraffe in the famed Masai Mara in Kenya. See elephants, enjoy exciting night drives to see prides of lions and other nocturnal African animals such as hyena. This is truly a trip that will be remembered – no other safari is like it.
- From the majestic mountains to the valleys and then the beaches, explore the north island of New Zealand like no other tourist. Your ride will take you through private trails and secluded Aboriginal villages all on the wonderful and athletic New Zealand Sport Horse.
- Ride on ancient Inca trails to lodges that are only accessible to your riding group. Explore the famed city of Machu Picchu. This is a magical ride with ample chances to canter over the high mountain plains. Alternatively, families will enjoy the multisport lodge option in Vinak, with the chance to ride the smooth gaited Paso Fino, mountain bike or hike for miles on end. For those that enjoy archaeology, a visit to the famed Nazca lines and the chance to gallop down the beach in Ica will give you a glimpse into a true wonder of the world.
- Feeling like a true prince or princess, enjoy the energetic Arabians as they glide across the Atlas Mountains and cross the Sahara desert in Tunisia. Riding among wild camels with the chance to stay two nights in a true Berber camp will send you back to the time of Aladdin.
- Staying closer to home, ride the hills, fields and woods of the famed Virginia Hunt Country. Wonderful Irish Sport Horses and well schooled Thoroughbreds happily take you along Civil War roads and through the area once made famous by the meeting of Generals Grant and Lee. On the west coast, ride fun Tennessee Walking Horses as you explore the majestic Redwoods on coastal trails. Don’t miss the chance to take one evening to go and see the Sea Lions lounging on the beach near your hotel.
Call us to discuss any of these equestrian vacations. Or, if you have questions about our group rates or any special departures, we would welcome the chance to discuss those with you as well.